Dublin Airport to Maynooth
Dublin airport has no rail link, so the best public transport option is to take the 746 or ‘Airlink’ bus at the airport and get off at Drumcondra Station; these are express services and cost around 7€ (single), another option is to take the 16A or 41 buses (1.80€) that also stop at Drumcondra but are slower.
Once at Drumcondra station, take the train to Maynooth and get off at Maynooth station; please refer to the map below or also: (http://www.nuim.ie/location/webmaps/index.shtml) for directions to the venues/accommodation from Maynooth train station.
Note that the train service to Maynooth runs every 30-45min depending on the time of the day, but is less frequent on Sundays. View the timetable here
A taxi from the airport to Maynooth will cost of the order of €55, with a cab rank just outside the airport. Alternatively, local companies (for example Taxy* (+353 1) 628 9999) can be pre-booked to meet you at the airport.
The quickest and most direct route from Dublin Airport to Maynooth by car requires electronic payment of a toll on the M50. This can be paid on the eflow website, www.eflow.ie
Directions to Maynooth follow:
- After exiting the airport, follow the signs to Dublin (M1 Motorway)
- Leave the M1 at junction 3, and take the exit signposted to the M50 (Southbound).
- Take the M50 southbound until you reach junction 7, Sligo N4 West.
- Continue along the N4 onto the M4 and take the exit signposted Straffan, Naas, Maynooth).
- Once you have exited the M4, cross over the motorway and head north on Straffan road towards main street Maynooth.